Build a project team
For a project like an HWBOT X event, you will need some help. Find at least one additional person who wants to help, but as you expand the team you’ll find the organization to go smoother. Good event organization skills are: dedication, patience, communication, design, punctuality, and reliability.
We recommend you to structure your team around four key roles:
- Organizer / Spokesperson: You carry the final responsibility of the event. You manage the team to host a successful event that delivers a great experience to its participants.
- Marketing & Sponsorship: You are responsible of carrying the message of the event to the local community and the rest of the world. You actively look for sponsors in case you need help funding the event.
- Logistics: You are in charge of everything related to the technical details of the event going from venue to liquid nitrogen, tables, chairs, food, and beverages.
- Accounting: You have to make sure the event budget stays in check. You may receive funding from sponsors or collect payments from participants. You may need to pay for the venue and LN2, or expense other costs. Be transparent! Remember that HWBOT X events are not for personal profit and all your team members are allowed to know where the funding goes.
Decide the HWBOT X Event Type and Title
There are three types of HWBOT X events you can choose from. Each type of event caters to a different segment of the overclocking crowd and involves different organizational challenges. It is up to you and your team to outline your goals and decide what aspect of overclocking you want to focus on.
The HWBOT X Event Types:
- HWBOT eXchange (gathering): Plan a gathering among friends and interested parties. Typically, you rent out a small room, order some liquid nitrogen and enjoy overclocking in the proximity of other like-minded people.
- HWBOT eXpertise (workshop): Even the most hardcore overclockers had to learn at some point. The eXpertise events are workshops targeted at introducing new people to overclocking. How does it work? What do I use? How do I compete? These are the typical questions of an eXpertise workshop participant.
- HWBOT eXcel (competition): The thrill of having your system pass a benchmark at the maximum of its capabilities is priceless. The competitive overclocking scene is growing worldwide and the eXcel event type is here to support it. Organize a local overclocking competition, use the OC-ESPORT resources to set up the contest, and watch overclockers compete for the champion title.
The HWBOT X event title must be consistent around the world. Therefore,event organizers are required to imposed a specific format for the event name. The format includes “HWBOT X” as a prefix followed by a name of choice as suffix.
The options for suffix are limited thusly:
- HWBOT X + <name of city/town>
- HWBOT X + <Your own event name>
- Note: You can’t use a third party / industry brand in your event!
For example: HWBOT X Jakarta, HWBOT X FantasyOC.
Note: you will receive your logo from us, once your application is approved.