The overclocking competition “Back to Legacy” is one of the main events of the Technofest 2016, hosted mid-October 2016 in Jakarta, Indonesia. The competition has different rules than your ordinary competition as you could only overclocking using the BCLK frequency. You can find more information on our HWBOT X event page. This event sponsored by Patriot brand memory.
For Overclocking “Back to Legacy”, the organization made new rules to make this competition become more interesting. Also, the rookie overclockers could feel how we struggled during the “old days” when it was only possible to overclocking using the FSB since the processor multiplier was locked. Overclockers had to bring their own hardware. Any Intel processor allowed from 2nd gen until 6th gen was allowed. Especially for the Rookie overclockers it was a challenge to figure out what to bring to get the best performance.
The rules stated that the processor multiplier is locked in accordance with the default ratio of the processor and will not be raised more than the default processor multiplier. The scoring system is based on percentage increase from default (without turbo boost) to the overclocked performance. The benchmarks are SuperPI 32M and 3DMark11 Physics. The judges were Ekky and Hazzan.
Technofest 2016 “Back to Legacy” Participants and Hardware List
- Alva Jonathan (Lucky_n00b): Core i5 6400t / ASUS Maximus VIII Impact / Patriot Viper 3400C16 16GB kit
- Leontinus Jesse Putra (bboyjezz): Pentium G4400 / ASUS Maximus VIII Impact / Patriot Viper 2800 32GB kit
- Indra Prabowo (Ablech): Core i5 6400 / ASUS Maximus VIII / Patriot Viper Extreme 2400C15 8GB kit
- Zumar Widia & Christian Akbar: Core i5 6400 / MSI Z170A Xpower GT / Patriot Viper Extreme 2400C15 8GB kit
- Prasetya Permana Aji: Core i5 6400t / MSI Z170A Xpower GT / Patriot Signature Line 2133 8GB kit
- Adi rahmanta: Core i5 6600K / Asus Z170i pro Gaming / Patriot Viper 2400C15 8GB kit
- Muhammad Benny Mustofa (HambaaaAllah): Core i5 6400t / Maximus Impact / Patriot Viper 3400C16 16GB kit
- Arham: Pentium G4400 / MSI Z170A Xpower GT / Patriot Viper 3400C16 16GB kit
- Alva Jonathan (Lucky_n00b) / Sempron 145
- Indra Prabowo (Ablech) / Sempron 130
- Prasetya Permana Aji / Sempron 145
Technofest 2016 “Back to Legacy” Final Result
Below some screenshots of the winning scores!
Technofest 2016 “Back to Legacy” Prizes
Even though Alva is 300Mhz slower than Benny’s Core i5 6400t, Alva wins because the right choice of Operating System. the right choices helped Alva surpass Benny much thanks to his competition experience and skills.
The great overclocking capabilities of the Core i5 6400T were demonstrated as the processor exceeded 100% overclocking using simply an All-In-One water cooler.
Winner: Alva Jonathan (Lucky_n00b)
- Intel Core i7 6700K processor
- Patriot PVE48G240C5K memory
- Patriot Gauntlet Node
Runner-Up: Muhammad Benny Mustofa (HambaaaAllah)
- Supermicro CH170M motherboard
- Patriot Pyro 240GB SSD
- Patriot Fuel iPhone 5 Bundle
2nd Runner-Up: Zumar Widia & Christian Akbar
- GIGABYTE B150-M motherboard
- Patriot Blast 120GB SSD
- Power Bank 4 in 1
(Event report by Ekky, originally posted in the HWBOT forums)